Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Wow! Can you believe it is 2013. Where does the time go?? This past year was a whirlwind for our family. It was filled with so many wonderful moments, memories that we will cherish for a lifetime. 

I would have to say welcoming our little Avery in May was the highlight of the year. She is such a joy and brings us so much love and happiness. Her smile is infectious and her emerging personality is strong and sassy. She can sit all on her own and she is trying to figure out how to get up and go. She'll be crawling in only a matter of time...and then the real fun begins :-) She has also turned in to my little chatter box. Avery has a voice and she is not afraid to use it.

Ella has exceeded our hopes and dreams in all that she has accomplished this year. She is such a great big sister. She has grown in so many ways with her new role. She is mom's helper, a patient teacher and sometimes an annoyed older sibling (she doesn't really care for crying, haha!)  

It was a rough start to 2012 with a hospital stay for pneumonia, but her health improved dramatically from there. She has grown more than four inches and packed on close to ten pounds this year. The switch to Boston Children's hospital for her treatment has proven to be a good choice. Ella has had a lot of new adventures this year too. She started preschool in the fall and loves every minute of it. She also started ballet. Dancing brings her so much happiness. She can't wait for class every Thursday night!

2012 will also be one remembered for some big accomplishments professionally for Jason. In his first year as a coach with the Union college men's hockey team, they played in the National Championship. An unforgettable season led to a trip to Tampa for the Frozen Four. Ella and I were so proud to be there to cheer for the team.

This year will also be a hard one to forget for a much more somber reason. We lost a very special person last January, Jason's sister Jessica. Her love for Ella and her excitement over the arrival of another niece are some of my favorite memories. It is these memories and the many others that help us cope in some of the darkest days. The holiday's were hard...the coming weeks will be even harder. It is still difficult to come to terms with the loss. It's a pain that will never leave us. I want the girls to know everything about her. I had pictures of Jessica in their room and I will always tell them how much she loved being an auntie and how truly special she was. Jessica is Ella and Avery's guardian angel!

My hopes for 2013 are for health and happiness. I am excited to watch my girls grow. These are the special times. My goals are simple...to be a good person, to pass this on to my children, to enjoy my time with my family and to learn from the difficult and stressful times. I can't wait to write about the big moments, the milestones, the accomplishments. I am even more excited to experience these moments. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicol, I found your site through Top Mommy blogs. I keep a blog there too about my son Silas. I am compiling a list of special needs blogs and would love if you wanted to include yours. You can go to http://boynamedsilas.blogspot.com/p/start-linkytools-script-srchttpwww.html to include your link. I think people would really be encouraged by your site. We've dealt with a bunch of pneumonias too, by the way. Hope you guys have a healthy month!

    ReplyDelete