Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ella Tapp Is Awesome!


What a crazy, fun, sleepless, busy month it has been...and I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything. Avery is now one month old and growing like a weed.

In fact, it seems like there is a "growing" competition in my house these days. Both girls are getting so big. We celebrated Ella's 3rd birthday on June 15th. I can't believe my baby is 3!!!

I started writing this blog almost a year ago for a number of different reasons. I wanted to share our experiences with Ella's diagnosis and development. I also wanted to have a record of this time and something that I can share with Ella when she is older. I want to remember the important milestones, etc, but I also want to be able to look back at the blog and smile and remember the fun moments that we shared as a family. I have done a lot of reflecting on the last three years recently. The time has gone by so quickly. I keep telling both girls to slow down a little....I want to take a deep breath and enjoy every moment. As I think about the day Ella was born and the stressful times we dealt with, I am even more grateful for all that we have today.

I decided today's blog would be special for Ella...and every birthday blog to follow for both of my children. A love note of sorts for the two most important girls in my world!

Dear Ella,

You are 3 years old now. A big girl in every sense. You continue to amaze and inspire us every day. I love your new independence and determined personality (even if you are fighting me about hair and clothes and what to have for a snack!) You have had quite a year. You not only got up and walked for us, you soared! I think your new sentence (that is on repeat these days) "Ella Tapp is awesome" can truly define YOU and what you have accomplished. I am even prouder of how you have changed your father and me. We are much better people because of you. You taught us the true meaning of unconditional love. You made us fighters, advocates -- you gave us a reason to speak up and make sure you have the very best there is in every aspect of your life. Today you woke us up at 6am. You were ready to start our day. With a big smile and sparkling blue eyes you crawled into our bed. The next thing we know....you were jumping on the bed! It's this new daring side that excites me. If someone told me a year ago, that this would be the start to my day, I most definitely would have been skeptical. I have learned though, that there is nothing that you can't or won't do. I look forward to the next year and what I will be writing about. One thing I know for sure is, it will be AWESOME! I love you, Pnut!

No comments:

Post a Comment