Monday, December 5, 2011

'Tis The Season

I am soo excited about Christmas this year. The holiday seems to get better and better the older Ella gets. I must admit, Christmas has not always been my favorite holiday. In fact, for years I actually seemed to dread December 25th. You quickly learn when you choose a career in news that there is no such thing as a "holiday" and for many years that meant my Christmas was spent in a newsroom with my co-workers. It's just not the same when you are away from family! We are fortunate this year for a more flexible schedule...plus Christmas falls on a weekend (my days off!) I am embracing the season and really enjoying every special minute.

Ella and Santa 2011!
I took Ella to see Santa this weekend. I have taken her every year, but this was the first year I was actually a little nervous about how she would react. She is certainly old enough now to realize stranger danger. Plus, an old chubby man with a big beard and a bright red suit can be a little intimidating. We waited in line and surprisingly she seemed unaware of the screams and tears from some of the children ahead of us (phew). She was a little more clingy than normal though! When it was her turn, the look on her face was priceless. She was very serious and a little unsure about why this Santa guy knew her name and was asking if she was a good girl. I wish I could have captured the whole thing on video but there are strict rules about personal pics and video in Santa land!

We managed to get a pretty cute picture thanks to the efforts of Santa's elf who wasn't going to stop until Ella smiled. We made it through another year without the screaming kid on Santa's lap picture. I have added Ella's two previous pictures with Santa. It is amazing how much she has changed. My baby is looking more like a big girl these days!
Ella's 1st Christmas!
Smiling with Santa in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment