Sunday, July 17, 2011

Movin' On Up....

Caught red handed climbing the stairs.


All my fun is gone...Mom and Dad were afraid I might jump out!
Our quiet, cautious little girl has become a daring little monkey in the last week. She has discovered the fine art of climbing. She climbs the stairs, she tries to climb up my leg, she climbs on poor Tucker, and this morning we caught her climbing out of her crib! She's now just one step away from the toddler bed....how did that happen?! Jason lowered her crib to #3 tonight...the lowest it can go. 


This was Ella's first day at home...so peaceful in her basket.
 It's better than hearing a thud during the next nap time, but I couldn't help but think about how fast she is growing up. I remember her sleeping so peacefully in her moses basket two summers ago. I also remember being so frustrated that she seemed content to sit and play last summer, rather than crawl and explore. It's just another reminder that we are on Ella's timeline.

 I love her new adventurous side. It keeps us on our toes, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Bring on the wild child...yes that's right, I want to spend the afternoons chasing her up the stairs, running across the playground, and moving all my picture frames, candles and vases above her little arms reach. I don't think you'll hear any complaints from Jason or me :-)

It seems like our life is moving on up as Ella grows up. Everything is slowly being put out of reach (for safety), all while Ella reaches some very important milestones. Every day is more exciting than the next. It is so fun to see the world through the eyes of a two year old..I can only imagine how I will feel when she reaches Kindergarten or college...YIKES! At least we have time for all that. For now I'll just cherish the endless trips up the stairs !

No comments:

Post a Comment